I started my visual storyboard this week. And I suddenly realised just HOW much work I am going to have to do, oh well. This storyboard will need cutting down.
I’ve been using the Lord of the Rings Sketchbook by Alan Lee to inspire me whilst producing character sheets, especially for my personification of death and the corpse that features heavily in the end. I also saw some wonderful illustrations of withered and gnarled trees that I have incorporated into my final draft.
I then started my final trial of the diorama and illustrative styles. I felt the washed Ink wasn’t as effective as I had hoped. It is something I’ll be looking at before I go on to the final illustrations. I will also be putting the originals through photoshop and will make use of ‘levels’ in order the counteract the washy feel. Before they are printed for the cutting and gluing.
My messy desk ….
I preferred the effect of the pure Indian Ink with white gouache on top as detail. I used this technique for the hands of the marionette.